Masala chicken is a traditional chicken recipe to be served with hot chapatis. Masala chicken recipe has been originated mainly from northern part India. I’m generally fan of microwave oven chicken recipes. But this particular chicken recipe is best cooked on flamed ovens.
To serve: 4
Cooking time: 1hour
- 800gm chicken
- 200gm hung curd
- 2tsp ginger-garlic paste
- 2 large onion (chopped)
- 2tbsp kashmiri lal powder
- 2tbsp red chili powder
- 1tbsp mustard powder
- 3tbsp mustard oil
- 2tsp lemon juice
- 1tbsp vinegar
- 1tbsp butter
- 1tsp garam masala powder
- Salt to taste
For the marinade:
- Clean the chicken well and some vinegar.
- Take a pan heat some oil and saute the onion. After that keep it aside to cool it and make a paste with it.
- In a large pan add chicken, hung curd, kashmiri lal powder, red chili powder, onion paste ginger-garlic paste, mustard oil, mustard powder, lemon juice salt and mix it well.
- Take the mixture aside for 30 minutes to marinate it.
The cooking method:
After that take that pan over gas, stir it slowly for a while.
The cooking should be in middle flame.
After finishing the cooking add some garam masala and butter.
Serve it hot with rotis and chapatis.